Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I-HAULED my Birthday!

So this weekend I went to Reno to help David move some stuff from storage down to a storage place in L.A. I flew up on Friday night and he showed me around Reno on Saturday and then on Sunday (my b-day), we got up early and started our drive home in a 35 foot U-Haul.

It was definitely a rough morning as David was very sick after a bad reaction to the sushi he ate the night before (I ate chicken). David refuses to believe me that the ocean is dirty and so is everything that lives in it so he still eats fish and gets sick from it. The drive from Reno to L.A. is a little over 500 miles so we knew it was going to be a long day. Sadly, we ended up having to stop every 20-30 minutes because he was so sick and I just felt horrible for him. When we reached Fresno, I insisted on driving and letting him get some rest. I drove for two hours from Fresno to south of Bakersfield in a 35 foot U-haul truck. It was my first time driving such a large vehicle! Seriously, it was a little scary but it was cool.

Honestly though, I don't understand why people do road trips. I know some people like them and will drive all over God's green earth and enjoy it, but I feel that if an airplane travels there, then we should use them! Road tripping in a U-haul is totally the equivalent of the covered wagons on the Oregon Trail. I'm sure the brave men, women, and children who walked across the country, would have rather flown!

But anyways, the fact remains that I-HAULED my Birthday! Birthday wishes definitely can come true. ;)

No comments: