Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Back to School Night

So here's an awesome story from my B2SN last night....

My mom and nana decided that they wanted to come and watch me (which is totally fine...I like that they're supportive of me and most of my student's parents are the same age as my mom so they didn't stand out at all). So they showed up and listened to my 8-minute spiel and then left. I called them on my way home to thank them for coming and then that's when I got the story.

Apparently they were a little turned around on the campus and walked into a few wrong classrooms but that wasn't a big deal because most parents are little lost on campus. Eventually mom and nana ran into a school employee on a golf cart and stopped to ask for directions to the car. The employee gave them directions but then offered to give them a ride and since nana has a bad knee, they accepted. The driver asked mom and nana if they were able to talk to their student's teachers, etc. and they told him that they were here to watch me as a teacher. Well, the employee knew me and they spent the whole ride to the car discussing me as a teacher.

When they made it to the car, my nana turned to the driver and said, "Well, thank you so much, what is your name." That's when the driver of the golf cart told them that he was the PRINCIPAL OF THE SCHOOL!!! So my principal met my mom and nana while they were there watching me give my B2SN presentation....awesome.

I haven't seen him since then but I feel like I need to laugh it off with him or else it might be awkward. What do you all think?

No comments: