Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympics

Like most Americans, I have been glued to my television watching the Olympics in Beijing. It's totally awesome to watch these Olympians compete (niiiiice bodies on those swimmers!) but seeing bits and pieces of China has been awesome too. For those of you that don't know, I'm apply to go on an Asian study tour next summer with CSUF and I am really hoping the trip is to China!!

But anyways, I've noticed some random things about the Olympics and since I have a blog...that means I get to comment, right?

Why is gymnastics on so late at night? I know they say they're broadcasting LIVE but if the gymnastics doesn't come on until 10 pm PST...is it on at 1 am EST? I don't understand why they're on so late at night and I honestly don't think it's live...Anyone know how they work this??

Also, Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh are totally awesome. They make beach volleyball look easy but for some reason, NBC commentators are calling them the "Golden Girls." Really, is that a compliment??
I love gymnastics and Shawn Johnson and Nastia Luikin have been fun to watch. But I wish I were Nastia's friend because I love her name. I feel like I could say it "NASTI-a" and snap my fingers with a head bobbing attitude. That would rock!

No comments: