Thursday, August 21, 2008

Home from the River

I just got home from a few days spent in Laughlin with my sister, brother-in-law, my boyfriend, and two other couples that my sister knows. We were taking an end of summer trip to enjoy the river before going back to school but also to celebrate Michelle's 30th birthday. So we spent everyday on the water jet skiing around the lake and then came home to shower and then play around the hotel.

Since I'm a public school teacher, I only play penny slots so imagine how annoying it was to me when my dear boyfriend made $400 on penny slots in two days! I had horrible luck but did get to play the Wizard of Oz game and it was a blast! You actually watch little clips from the movie and hear the songs. Honestly, I think I was just playing to watch the game because I knew I wasn't really going to make money at it.

Speaking of making money, besides the $400 that David made playing pennies, we entered a drawing at the hotel and he won $5,000!!! Seriously?!? So needless to say, we had a great trip! I'll post some pictures from the trip later when I upload my camera but it was lots of fun. :)

No comments: