Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Random Facts

Carmen issued a challenge to me on her blog to share 7 random facts about myself and since I, like most people, enjoy talking about myself, I have accepted the challenge! ;-)

1. I don't like magazines. I find them a pain in the butt to read with all of those advertisements and the articles are often too short (once I get into them, they're over). Plus, I hate all of the size 00 models and how society sees them as the standard for what a beautiful woman should look like. So I purposely don't read magazines because I don't like how they make me feel like I don't measure up to the standards of society.

2. I also don't like antiques. I find it upsetting that our culture doesn't appreciate the elderly in our society and we'd rather put them in homes than respect them for their life experiences and wisdom. So we reject old people but for some reason spend huge amounts of money on their belongings. I am just amazed that people spend HUNDREDS of dollars on antiques just because they are old.

3. I LOVE chocolate. I know most women enjoy eating chocolate but it's so far beyond "enjoyment" for me. I honestly don't know what I'd do without chocolate (especially dark chocolate!). I don't understand how some people don't like it. I don't really like cookies unless chocolate is involved (sugar cookies...what's the point people??)

4. I have a strange fear of having scissors near me. I use scissors at work but as soon as I'm done with them, I put them back in my desk drawer so they aren't around. I won't go to sleep if I left a pair of scissors on my nightstand. It just creeps me out.

5. I wish I were more adventurous with my eyeshadow colors. I tend to just wear browns and neutrals and it takes me a lot of courage to wear purples at night. I just don't feel like I can pull off a lot of colors. I've gone to make up counters and had them put different color schemes on me and it looks good but they're professionals and I'm not that great with make up so I'm not that courageous on my own.

6. I'm not a big fan of designer things: handbags, purses, clothes, etc. I could never really afford them anyways so I guess it's a good thing I'm not that into them. I do like high quality goods (I love FOSSIL purses but will only buy them from eBay so they're cheap) but I just can't justify spending $100+ on a purse. Plus I think that if I were to buy something really nice, I'd probably lose it, or it would get messed up and I'd be sad.

7. I wish I knew how to play the piano. I'm not a musical person at all and while I did play the violin as a kid, I was never cordinated enough to play the piano. My Nana tried to teach me a few times and while I can read music and know the keys, I don't have the coordination to get my hands to play different keys at the same time.

Okay, that's it! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

CCR said...

When I'm filthy rich, I'll buy you full-priced Fossil handbags all the time. :)