Sunday, November 30, 2008

I don't like Charlottes!

Now I'm not a major fan of bugs. Some are intriguing and I will gladly look at them behind a pane of glass in a science museum or fair but having them up close and personal is just disgusting. So imagine my disgust when I came out of my house this morning to find half of my yard completely covered in spider webs! I'm not even exaggerating...over half of the yard was covered in webs all over the grass and since we're having such heavy fog, there was enough moisture caught in each web that you could see all of them! It was so nasty. Ali was with me and we took some pictures with her camera but I'm not sure if they turned out.

I went about the rest of my day disturbed about the webs but decided to just run the sprinklers (I haven't turned them on since the fires...it's been wet enough that it didn't need it) to get rid of the webs. So I went outside tonight after it was dark and moved the fake rock covering the sprinkler controls and was horrified to find a black widow! I've seen them in my yard a few times (David even pulled one off MY BACK this summer when we were working on the yard relandscaping!) but it's just nasty to know that they're out there. David has suggested getting the house sprayed for spiders since I keep finding them in the house (mostly Daddy Longleg spiders and those don't scare me--just annoying to be killing things all the time) but now I'm determined to call tomorrow and schedule a spraying. I will freak out if I find a black widow in my house! Yucky!! Now every little piece of hair touching my face or neck has me twitching and freaking a little. I hate Charlottes!!!

No comments: